Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Location: Chantilly, VA
This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
- Support capability and solution definition for future systems through various system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have strong systems engineering background and significant space and ground domain knowledge in customer mission technical capabilities and performance.
- Support ground and enterprise teams coordinating, establishing and assessing mission capabilities, conops and architecture products, assessing system and segment schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded ground capabilities.
- Have the aptitude to assess processes and create efficiencies continuously, and may lead project teams, have frequent client interactions, and support system and mission strategy development across the various ground offices.
- Have daily interaction with the customer and supporting contractors, and will need to follow customer standards and processes as the program matures through the life cycle.
- Interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly Requires active TS/SCI with poly
- More than 9 years’ experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering/architecting
- BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
- Integration and closure experience within overall customer domain
- Detailed knowledge of customer's mission capabilities (to include GEOINT, SIGINT and Multi-INT domains) and overall space and ground architecture
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
- Experience identifying user needs and gaps, identifying potential solutions, and assessing/analyzing alternatives
- Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, Conops development, and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- Knowledge of, and experience executing, SAFe Agile methodology
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with direct IC customer, technical familiarity with mission processing or mission control of systems, including sensor knowledge.
- Ability to work for direct IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization.