Systems Security Engineer
Location: Columbia, MD
What We’re Looking For: Systems security engineers who are passionate about mission critical systems deployment, management, and monitoring. If you have side projects, investigate technologies at home, and enjoy reading about and discussing leading edge technology, then you sound like a great fit. Our product line covers many diverse areas such as distributed service-oriented architectures, low-latency telecommunications processing, and high availability. Each of these areas in a mission critical environment contains their own unique and difficult problems to solve. As such, a strong technical foundation coupled with the desire to learn, grow, and solve hard problems would make for a strong addition to our team.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Generates system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security design
- Designs, develops, and implements IA and security configurations for networking, computing, and communications equipment
- Assist system architects and systems engineers in the classification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure solutions meet customer requirements
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for assigned programs
- Completes system and software STIG analysis using DoD approved tools
- Implements system security management tools (Active Directory Certificate Services, SSL, IPSec/VPN, IDM)
- Configures production monitoring applications (Zabbix, Zenoss, Nagios, New Relic)
- Maintain and update information security policies and procedures across IT and OT systems in accordance with NIST SP 800-171 and maintain DFARS and CMMC certification compliance
- Oversee the security of products used in systems delivered to defense customers, including conducting security assessments and ensuring compliance with industry and government security standards.
- Maintain security awareness and training programs for employees, contractors, and vendors.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop risk mitigation strategies to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and systems.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the timely resolution of security incidents and vulnerabilities.
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to align security strategies with business objectives and ensure security is integrated into the development lifecycle.
- Advise senior management on emerging security risks for internal security, supply chain risk, product security and best practices to address them.
- Maintain situational awareness of evolving security threats, trends, and technologies and make recommendations for security improvements based on this knowledge.
- Design, develop, and implement security controls for Frequentis products and systems delivered to defense customers in accordance with NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-82, ISA 62443, and DISA STIGs as required.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation, including security plans, system security controls, and vulnerability assessments.
- Provide guidance and support to development teams on security for product software development lifecycle.
- Conduct security assessments and oversee penetration testing to identify vulnerabilities and recommend remediation strategies for products and systems.
- Serve as the primary security point of contact for customers during the authorization process, providing technical expertise and guidance on the security features and functions of the product or system.
- BS in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience with IT systems security and engineering
- 4-8 years’ experience as an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) for Government programs
- CISSP or CISM or CASP+ CE
- Deep understanding of network technology and systems security engineering practices
- Experience in identifying, researching, characterizing, and documenting security weaknesses related to operating systems, software applications, firmware, network hardware components, as well as network architecture design and documented policies and procedures
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with the NIST Special Publications 800 Series, CNSSI 1253, and DoD 8500
- Experience with network technologies and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of network protocols, communications systems and architectures including network analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (Bash, Ruby, Perl, Python)
- Proficient in RHEL operating system and experience with Windows Server operating system
- Should have significant hands-on experience implementing security and/or network components, i.e. routers, firewalls, IPS, IDS, etc
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment:
- Some international travel to receive training at company headquarters in Vienna, Austria, when applicable
- Finger printing and job-related background check will be required
- Must be authorized to work in United States and obtain clearances to work on Government sites