Location: Columbia, MD
Job Duties Summary: The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for all contracts activities from simple, routine agreements to highly complex contracts of strategic importance to the company. Identification, development, and implementation of a range of contract formation, negotiation and administration policies and processes in accordance with customer expectations and corporate objectives.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Supports all aspects of the contracting process, including Request for Proposal (RFP) review and assessment, proposal preparation, negotiations, modifications/changes, dispute resolution, and administration/ performance.
- Drafts, evaluates, and administers a variety of international, domestic, and commercial contracts, including: non-disclosure agreements, sales/purchasing agreements, software licensing agreements, subcontracts, and teaming agreements.
- Support of Program Managers in contractual & legal matters.
- Functions as domain expert on federal government contracting rules and regulations (including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), government agency supplements (FAA AMS, AFFARS)), state procurement laws, and other selected areas and issues.
- Liaison with corporate and external legal representatives for updating standardized terms and agreement templates.
- Reviews solicitations, market surveys, requests for information and prepares contractual response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Serves as contracts point of contact for government customers and other contractual business partners.
- Serves as company compliance officer.
- Ensures compliance with various government regulations and monitors program performance under contract requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years hands-on experience handling U.S. Government and international contract negotiation and administration
- 4-Year college degree required
- Expert Knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable international contract law
- Working knowledge of U.S. export regulations is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in United States