The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Information Technology (OIT) engaged Dynanet to provide support for:
- Enterprise architecture (EA)
- IT portfolio management
- IT governance
Our mission was to analyze, plan and execute IT portfolios throughout the organization using the latest in EA methodologies.
We developed and implemented a framework for the analysis, planning and execution of IT portfolios using several aspects of EA. Additionally, we devised a system-wide approach for:
- Systems engineering
- Configuration analysis and management
- End-of-life replacement
- Systems performance evaluation
- Logistical analysis and management
We worked with HHS to understand the current state and refine the future state vision that captures the organization’s strategic objectives. To support our EA assessment, Dynanet developed an application profile template to collect key application information.
The overhaul of their system helps HHS better understand the application and services architecture layer. This overhaul ensures:
- Optimization of the IT investment portfolio
- Elimination of duplication
- Encourages the reuse and application of technologies that are required to achieve the future state.
Maturing the application/services architecture also enables HHS to map its applications to other architecture layers.