Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Systems Engineer (ISSE)
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance Needed: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Years of Experience: 8+
- Serve as the technical lead to guide multiple development and technical projects through the security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process.
- Support broad application A&A portfolio efforts, assisted by technical teams, to develop comprehensive accreditation packages.
- Work with approving officials to gain approvals through submission, POA&M reconciliation, and security relevant changes.
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills as well as high-level proficiency in leading Technical Exchange Meetings to define systems and system security boundaries.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related or an additional 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience preparing systems security plans, risk assessment reports, customer responsibility matrices, and security incident response standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Experience preparing security assessment criteria for development teams to comply with all A&A requirements
- Experience briefing customers to guide Accreditation activities
- Demonstrated ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals via formal and informal briefings and Technical Exchange Meetings
- A high level understanding of Cloud solutions such as Amazon, Microsoft, or Google
- Experience developing and refining application development details into Critical Control matrices
- Proficiency in ICD 503 compliance
- Experience with the XACTA 360 tool
- Information Systems Security Engineer/Officer (ISSE/ISSO) experience
- Knowledge of NIST 800 series security documentation