Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Columbia, MD
Job Duties Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting company-wide activities involving quality assurance requirements.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Perform audits, reviews and analysis of data and documentation to ensure overall ISO9000-compliant quality program.
- Maintain the company ESD Program to include training, testing and managing related supplies.
- Maintain the company Calibration Program to include managing calibration assets.
- Perform product inspections for compliance to specifications and company quality release procedures.
- Perform oversight of non-conforming material controls, to include review, disposition and corrective actions.
- Support company process improvement efforts.
- Support activities of the quality, engineering, test and documentation functions.
- Support personnel, training and educational programs for team members.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date quality records.
- Coordinate responses to inquiries and follow-up with respondents, management, or others, if needed, to ensure resolution.
- Periodic reporting to management of quality/compliance performance trends.
- 1-3 years experience in quality assurance or related field.
- Concepts, practices, and procedures within quality assurance field.
- Non-conforming material disposition processes a definite plus.
- BS degree in an applicable discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to produce spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, as well as merging and presenting information in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ideal candidate should be capable of using the resources available on company databases to research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to electronic inspection, production, and procurement and configuration inspection acceptance issues.
- Software Quality Assurance or Reliability Assurance knowledge a plus.
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment:
- Finger printing and job-related background check will be required to work on specific projects.
- Willing to travel to headquarters in Vienna, Austria, Europe for training and updates.
- Willing to travel to customer sites for on-site support/supervision.