Backend Test Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
- Review Requirements / User stories to ensure testability
- Design and develop test plans for SIT based on analysis of business requirements/user stories/technical specifications (SDD)
- Coordinate Peer Review with Test Lead and project team for the System Test Plan.
- Develop and review rigorous, repeatable and detailed system test cases in SCTM from requirements in Caliber to ensure complete coverage and traceability and according to the standardized test process and on the test cases and steps.
- Review simple to complex business rules and develop scenarios to cover all possible permutation and combinations of the input variables in the business rules
- Identify/Create test data to cover all possible scenarios (Positive/Negative/Boundary)
- Trace all Testable Requirements to the Test cases and generate RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) to ensure all Testable Requirements are verified and validated
- Participate in Agile Sprint planning, Daily stand up, Retrospective, Back log grooming
- Test software systems to increase quality of system delivered to client by conducting thorough SIT (i.e., Functional, Integration, Regression, Performance and End to End testing)
- Execute system testing activities at multiple application checkpoints (e.g., Installation, user interfaces, application security, database, batch process execution and validation of system logs)
- Develop and execute simple to complex SQL queries according to the functional requirements to increase efficiency and quality.
- Execute simple to complex batch processes in UNIX and Mainframe to ensure that functionality is consistent with stated requirements.
- Capture the test results and review for completeness
- Ensure all artifacts are produced and validated
- Ensure System Testing Daily/Weekly Status Reports are sent to the Project Team on behalf of Test Lead absence
- Monitor issues, risks and resolve or escalate to Test Lead/Project Manager as appropriate
- Manage the defect process during all test phases
- Demonstrate the functionality validated in the sprint review meeting
- Work/Support the UAT team during UAT.
- Communicate Open Issues and Defects from SIT Testing to UAT in order to avoid duplicate issues.
- Participate in UAT defect scrubs to verify validity of UAT defects and ensure the defect process is followed to categorize and track issues.
- Validate UAT defect fixes in SIT before being deployed to UAT.
- Support UAT and act as liaison between/ with UAT. Assist UAT with testing tools
- Assist UAT in executing batch jobs in the UAT environment as per the sequence documented in the UAT test scenario and pass the test results to them.
- "Database & Tools: ADABAS (“Adaptable DAta BAse System”); Oracle 12 C
- SQL Explorer, TOAD, DB Visualizer"
- Operating System: Windows NT, 7, Linux, Mainframe
- Applications: Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Textpad
- Languages: Advanced SQL scripting, Web Focus, XML
- Testing Tools: Silk Central® Test Manager/Issue Manager, Atlassian tools
- Experience testing Desktop and Web Applications
- Experience testing backend applications
- Experience testing batch applications
- Experience in verifying 508 Compliance
- Experience with User Interface Standards
- Experience with using SOAP UI Tools
- Experience with Reports validation
- Experience using JIRA and plugins, sharepoint, Winmerge
- Experience working in projects using Agile Methodology.
- Certification: CSM and CPO, CSTE
- Experience in testing Business rules