Location: Washington, DC
- Functions as an Automation Developer working as part of the Automation Test Team.
- An experienced VB.NET Developer/JAVA developer to work with the Automation Team to coordinate test automation activities including collaboration between project managers, development teams, automation and the system test teams.
- Main responsibilities include writing classes/methods as part of Automation framework development, Maintain/develop tools designed to help test team, help automation team when required to develop automated test scripts.
- Required Skillset
- Languages: Object Oriented methodologies, Java, VB.Net, C#, VB Scripting, Java Scripting, UNIX, XML, SQL scripting, Mainframe, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Desired Skillsets: (Mainframe & UNIX)
- Database & Tools: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL tools such as DBVisualizer, TOAD or equivalent, SOAP UI Tool
- Other Tools/Skills: Excel Macros & ACCESS to Improve Testing & Generation of Reports; Test Management tools (Caliber Requirements Management (RM) Tool, JIRA or equivalent; SCTM or equivalent), GIT or equivalent, Jenkins; Serena Dimensions or equivalent
- Automation Test Tools: Test Studio or equivalent Automation Tool; WinMerge or equivalent Tool, Selenium, Excel Macros
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a test automation team or an experienced Java and VB.NET Developer with 7 years of experience supporting development teams in an Agile or SDLC/Waterfall methodology environment.
- Experience writing .NET Classes and creating JAVA packages
- Development background, work on multiple assignments and understand the System requirements with minimal help.
- Strong SQL skills and able to write reusable Classes and Modules in VB.NET.
- Able to understand and write Java applications.
- Knowledge of System Testing and the System Test Process.
- Some automation tool knowledge of any kind. Helpful, but not required.
- Creative in developing Automation framework and be able to think out of the box within the specified LOE.
- Open source or subscription tool experience.
- Experience working on projects implementing SOAP UI/Web Services.
- Experience coordinating automation test activities for the different application types - Front End and Backend, applications supporting System Integration and End to End Testing or worked as a Developer supporting Front End and Backend applications
- Experience working within a project team supporting quality assurance projects, working closely with both the Business areas as well as Development teams, often under aggressive timelines and balancing competing priorities.
- Strong expertise in executing under formal SDLC/Agile methodologies
- Worked in a CMMI Level 3 or higher environment.